Welcome !



Welcome to Made Down South! Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to. This blog serves as my review of projects accomplished since I have way too many that are halfway done. I also tend to have so many urgent ideas where I simply have stop all else to work on the newest thing. So, this blog will show all the ideas that actually get made into stuff! Some of that stuff is available for sale at our etsy shop, Down South Designs.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Weekly recap in Sewing Studio

I rearranged my studio to get a better workspace flow.  I'm inspired now!  Finishing the last bit of binding on my great niece's PINK quilt.  I combined pink with black, white, gray and a dash of orange. The reverse side is improv pieced from scraps and stash.  I'm hoping for double duty for this quilt.  Using front for her preteen years and the hip improv back side for her teenage years.  We'll see if all goes as planned!

Production hit a frenzied pace when I got 3 Etsy orders within 24 hours for Down South Designs. Two were from brides facing a quick deadline, so I really had to kick it in gear.  Here is pic of the "Dollar Dance Bag" which I always love to make even though sewing burlap is messy!  I also turned out 8 bridal clutch purses in 1 day, new record!! The 3rd order was for an finished item in stock, so I was relieved to see that!                                                                                                               I'm also working on the final decorative quilting for a bride's wedding quilt.  She sent me her dress and wedding party stuff which I promptly cut into little pieces.  Yikes!  It's turning out well but I will think carefully before committing to working with satin again.  That fabric is a challenge to say the least!




















No comments: