Welcome !



Welcome to Made Down South! Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to. This blog serves as my review of projects accomplished since I have way too many that are halfway done. I also tend to have so many urgent ideas where I simply have stop all else to work on the newest thing. So, this blog will show all the ideas that actually get made into stuff! Some of that stuff is available for sale at our etsy shop, Down South Designs.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Trick or Treat Quilt




This is my kind of Halloween quilt, nothing scary for me.  I call it my Trick or Treat quilt because of the contrast, get it?
I was inspired to begin this on a quilt retreat in early 2011. The pattern is published in a quilt magazine, but I can't remember which one right now.   Since I have major procrastination issues, I'm excited to actually have completed the quilt in 2011!  In this photo from our previous home, it occupied the bed in guest room.







Now trying out different looks for Fall 2012 in our new home

Auditioned it to decorate my dining room table!  Like the look but not having to remove it every time we eat there.






Tried draping it in basket display in my unfinished living room fireplace.  Yes, that's a velvet hand adding a bit of creepiness to the vignette:



Tried it on my front porch.  Love the way it looks on the black rocking chair:



I will be sharing at the following link parties this week:
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
shabby creek cottage