Welcome !



Welcome to Made Down South! Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to. This blog serves as my review of projects accomplished since I have way too many that are halfway done. I also tend to have so many urgent ideas where I simply have stop all else to work on the newest thing. So, this blog will show all the ideas that actually get made into stuff! Some of that stuff is available for sale at our etsy shop, Down South Designs.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Updating Olde Wood Decor


A darling old junker whiles away the day making these from scrap pieces of weathered cedar.  I love the way he cuts out those stars!  They are just the right size to to hang up here and there.  However, I embrace change and love to be able to customize so I started thinking of all the possiblities with these little gems.  I got  into my fabric stash and started playing.  I just used scotch tape to secure the fabric on the back but I suppose I will go back and swap to thumbtacks.

Really love that burlap on the white weathered one.  May try a black burlap on the natural wood since the regular burlap blends in too much.  And then there's the vintage calicos looking so cutiful....


Notice the little doo dahs I grabbed in a desperate attempt to hide the big nail on the wall.  A girl's got to be creative!  I think I will try out a few other backings too like old embroidery linens or even poster boards painted with new techniques or new colors being sampled.  If you're interested in buying these cheap, my daughter will be selling them soon in her Etsy shop, Down South Designs.  Check it out!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

What a cute idea!

Fred @ One Project Closer said...

Love the update! I really like the original too...

Beth @Under A Pile of Scrap! said...

I love these and your ideas on other fabric colors to use!

I am a new follower now!

Chatty Chics said...

Love these! Hope to see you back at my place to post these! Great job!
Melody
ChattyChics.com
PS http://chattychics.com/2012/01/24/need-inspiration-wild-wednesday/